Shallow Well- 300ft From House?

Users who are viewing this thread

S Fields

Reaction score
I have a shallow well being fed from a spring. We had the water tested and it is clean (just hard). We want to use this source of water as an alternative to the sulfur well that is currently running to the house.

The well is approximately 6 feet deep and has a quick recovery rate. I pulled (10) - 5 gallon buckets out and it refilled in a matter of just a few minutes.

Overall, the well is 300 ft from the house and a total of 10ft below the level of the house.

Would I be able to use a shallow well pump mounted under the house or would it need to be closer to the source? What is the maximum distance a shallow well pump can pull horizontally? What pump is recommended? I currently have a 40 or 50(?) Gallon pressure tank under the house.

Thanks for any advice!

Attachments

• received_10155165111460035.jpeg
    received_10155165111460035.jpeg
    8.7 KB · Views: 92
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks