Sewer Gas Smell In Basement and through AC Vents

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by GCC99, Oct 7, 2020.

1. GCC99

GCC99 New Member

We have had a reoccurring (almost daily since mid-September) sewer gas smell through the AC vents in the house. A few days ago I dumped some water down the condensate line connected to the air handler. The smell went away for a week but then came back today. Is our condensate line set up the way it should be? Pictures are attached. I believe it drains into the sewer. Thanks in advance.

Attached Files:

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

I would stopper that open pipe. I guess you could adapt an AAV to it if you don't like a stopper.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

cant make heads or tails out of your pictures. but pretty much guarantee its wrong. it should dump into a trapped line .