Sewer Ejector Pump Help

Users who are viewing this thread

Jessicadavis

Reaction score
I bought my house four years ago. About 6 months after moving in the alarm to my sewer ejector pump (located outside of my house) went off. The plumber came out and said it needed to be cleaned. He told me to stop putting grease down the drain. I don't, but I said ok. Then about 6 months later the alarm went off again. Long story short about a year later, and after many more visits from the plumber, I replaced the sewer ejector pump. Then about 9 months after that the alarm went off again. The plumber said it was a lot of grease stuck to the walls of the basin and the motor. I then changed my body wash, dish detergent, stopped using my garbage disposal and dishwasher. Changed my laundry detergent and use the thin toilet paper. There are only two of us living in this house. But last week on Thanksgiving the alarm went off AGAIN! I don't know where this supposed grease is coming from. I know the common thought is customers lie, but I promise you I'm not lying. I have come out of pocket close to $5000 on this thing. I desperately need to find a solution. What else could be causing the build up? The buildup is whitish and solid / lumpy. Any suggestions you can provide would be useful. Thank you so much!

MKS

Reaction score
A picture of the build up may help the more experienced.
Not sure where to look for one but sending a sample to a lab may give you some direction.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks