Sewer Cleanout Cap?

Users who are viewing this thread

zp1418

Reaction score
Hit what I think is the sewer cleanout cap with lawn mower. It is right by the sidewalk, closer to the street then the house. Not broken all the way through, just took a big chunk out. Should I replace? How do you remove this type of cap? It doesn't appear to be threaded. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 168
  • thumbnail2.jpg
    thumbnail2.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
That's what I figured thanks for the reply. Ok to remove and take to hardware store to match up?
Yes, but
  • If you see purple on the pipe just under that cap, you will not be able to wiggle off.
  • For that little damage, no reason to bother to replace with the same thing.
  • You can put in a lower cap to clear the lawn mower blace (maybe with flush screw cap) but you would have to cut the PVC down a bit.

zp1418

Reaction score
Yes, but
  • If you see purple on the pipe just under that cap, you will not be able to wiggle off.
  • For that little damage, no reason to bother to replace with the same thing.
  • You can put in a lower cap to clear the lawn mower blace (maybe with flush screw cap) but you would have to cut the PVC down a bit.
Ok, makes sense. Thanks for the help. Could this type of cap be used? Seems like the blades would have a better chance of clearing it.

Attachments

• 818cPu-736L._AC_SL1488_.jpg
    818cPu-736L._AC_SL1488_.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 140

Reach4

Reaction score
Yes. However you were going to raise the blade until fall anyway.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks