Setting up a tankless water heater to a utility sink

Users who are viewing this thread

22wingzero

Reaction score
Hello,
I have a propane tankless water heater that I would like to connect to a utility sink out in my shed. The water will come from a spigot that is at my house and the shed is 48 feet away. I would appreciate any advice on connecting the setup. I attached a picture of an illustration of my sink and the heater, I need help on figuring out how to go from the spigot to the heater and then where and how to connect to my sink so that I will have cold and hot water.

I don't know why I am having a hard time in understanding what I need to do: I feel as if the hose will to the water input and then do I disconnect the shower head faucet and place it on the water output, or do I use the hose splitter and connect it to the output and and insert the spitted ends on the cold/hot threaded openings? Thank you all in advance.

Attachments

• tankless water heater illustration.JPG
    tankless water heater illustration.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 245

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How much hot water do you need? A small tank may be easier to install and work just fine at a lower cost.

Typically, tankless systems need a significant input energy in order to be able to produce decent hot water instantly. A small, electric tank wouldn't have a huge standby loss, and would provide a few gallons, depending on the size. Depending on the timing, you could turn the thing on when you needed hot water. Many of the small tanks also will work at 120vac, and can just plug into a standard outlet.

22wingzero

Reaction score
How much hot water do you need? A small tank may be easier to install and work just fine at a lower cost.

Typically, tankless systems need a significant input energy in order to be able to produce decent hot water instantly. A small, electric tank wouldn't have a huge standby loss, and would provide a few gallons, depending on the size. Depending on the timing, you could turn the thing on when you needed hot water. Many of the small tanks also will work at 120vac, and can just plug into a standard outlet.

Thank you, Jim, for your reply. I have purchased an Eccotemp L5 1.3 GPM Liquid Propane Portable Tankless Water Heater, it produces 1.5 gpm and requires batteries for the power. I have decided to go with propane since it will be too costly to get electricity to my shed. I do not need much water, just from time to time when I go out to cook.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks