Setting the position of the Vespin II toilet lid

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
I set the toilet to maximize floor space. As a consequence, I have a credit card thickness between the wall and the tank (unembosed area passes freely, and embossed area passes with a tiny bit of resistance. The toilet lid fit is sloppy. I can place the lid where the seat will not push the lid toward the wall, and still have maybe 1/4 inch of clearance between the lid and the wall. Yet somehow the lid gets moved backwards sometimes.

I am thinking of a way to better fix the lid in place, while making lift-off and replacement still easy. Has anybody thought about this?

I note the tank lid is unglazed on the bottom and bottom rim. I was thinking of gluing a couple blocks of something in place to the lid. I was thinking of a couple of clips for the tank top rear, that would limit the locating lid protrusions from going toward the wall too much. If I get into 3-d printing, I might make a pair of such clips with the PLA plastic that libraries with 3-d printing and cheap home 3-d printers usually use.

Not a big deal, but my thinking that a solution is probably not hard either. Comments?

cst474_with_pedestal.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks