Septic tank monitor worth it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Buddy123

Reaction score
I recently installed a septic tank and was asked if installing a wifi monitor was worth it. The idea is that the septic tank sensor can alert of any major problems before they cause too much damage.

After searching for a bit I found a few variations that that connect via WiFi and cell. They are a bit pricey at over $150 but seem they could be useful.

Has anyone given these a try? I'm typically wary of technology, but this one seems like it could actually be useful.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
IF a septic system is initially designed and installed properly, then there isn't much to fail. The only periodic maintenance is to pump out the solids that don't break down. If you do that, the thing should last a very long time. If you wait too long before pumping out the solids, then you can mess the system up considerably. Plus, if it is undersized, the leaching field may not be able to keep up. If you don't have good drainage, or during a storm, the whole area gets saturated, you can have issues.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks