Septic sprinklers making rings of green

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by s10010001, Sep 2, 2019.

1. s10010001

s10010001 Member

Hello, the septic sprinklers at my new house are making rings of green... any idea why?

my theory is someone added a head or two and there’s not enough pressure for the gear heads to spray right. Two of the heads look like they were added afterwards by a homeowner... maybe? I was gonna try camping them off to see if it helped the other two

Any other ideas?

Attached Files:

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Either you have too many sprinklers on, the pump is worn, or the intake screen is clogged.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. s10010001

s10010001 Member

• Thanks for the feedback, sounds like m on the right track here.

So yesterday I pulled one head out and capped it while cleaning up for BBQ. It was one of the two that look homeowner added (we are putting a big shed there anyways).

I just happened to catch the sprinklers running for the first time this morning. They were working better actually. They were shooting about 6 feet father radius seemed to be watering from the head out.

The two original looking ones were working less than the 3rd, less in the radius, more stream. I’m going to plug the #3 now too and put new heads on 1 and 2 and see how it looks. #3 It’s close to the house and it’s now hitting my patio anyways. I’ll hand water that areas as needed.

Attached Files: