Seeking advice before purchasing fancy shower system

Users who are viewing this thread

angus60

Reaction score
Howdy, I'm planning a bathroom makeover and I am considering purchasing one of those fancy shower system with body jets and shower head. I'm curious how these systems actually perform with the 2.5 gallon flow restriction. Do the body jets reduce pressure from the shower head?

Along the same line, if you purchase a shower with multiple heads is the combined pressure out of all heads 2.5 gallons or is it 2.5 gallons per head?

Thanks for the help

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
volume

The volume, not pressure, is 2.5 gpm per head until you reach the maximum volume that the valve can deliver. At that point the gpm will drop in all the heads that are being used.

angus60

Reaction score
Thank you for the reply. Since my original post I found the following information at faucets.com

http://www.faucet.com/decor/static.pl?S=basics/help_custom_shower_systems

I take this to mean that on a double headed shower each head can provide 2.5 gpm so long as the valve can permit it.

The article also mentions using a 3/4" valve versus a 1/2" valve. Are these valves usually included with the shower system or must they be purchased seperately? Are these valves dependent on the size water pipes?

Thank you so much for your assistance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks