Securing vintage sink to the pedestal

Users who are viewing this thread

AdrienneF

Reaction score
2016-03-06 12.49.46 [339182].jpg
2016-03-06 12.50.11 [339181].jpg
2016-03-06 12.48.22 [339183].jpg
2016-03-06 12.56.04.jpg

I just got a 1930s Standard Sanitary Mfg Co pedestal sink. It is just the sink and the pedestal and I am wondering how to secure the two parts together. It looks like there is a place on either end for a long bolt or screw assembly. I'm not sure what would hold onto those prongs on the bottom of the sink. Has someone found a way to safely secure the sink and pedestal together? What sort of bolt or screw should I use? Maybe someone has some photos of what the original bolts looked like? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It would have to be assembled before installing it. A "U" channel under the bottom lugs with a hole in the center. A threaded rod with a nut inside the socket on the sink. Tighten the bottom nut to pull the sink tight to the pedestal, then set it in place. You cannot use the bottom "U" socket because the rod would interfere with the drain.

AdrienneF

Reaction score
It would have to be assembled before installing it. A "U" channel under the bottom lugs with a hole in the center. A threaded rod with a nut inside the socket on the sink. Tighten the bottom nut to pull the sink tight to the pedestal, then set it in place. You cannot use the bottom "U" socket because the rod would interfere with the drain.
That is very helpful, thank you!!

Reaction score
You're missing some parts, like hangers, and threaded rods that pull two things together. Some car exhaust is secured this way to the chassis.

You're going to have to hit up some old timer that can rememeber how these were like.

Please update your thread with new pics of your progress and discoveries. This sink is fantastic, I love restoring stuff like this!

Sjsmithjr

In the Trades
Reaction score
You're going to have to hit up some old timer that can rememeber how these were like.

The old timer WAS the first to reply. HIS description of how it goes together was easy to understand.

Judicious use of CAPS in honor of HJ. I've learned a lot from him and I'm always impressed by his knowledge base.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks