Second tie-in on wet vent helpful? See Photo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Cabin Country

Reaction score
Hello folks.

I have a quick question about a wet vent setup. This picture I attached hopefully explains the situation. My question is if I came off of the laundry drain hookup, and tied into the vanity wet vent, would it aid in venting the shower/laundry? One thing to note is, it would be before the shower P-trap. If you look close in the diagram you'll see I drew the p-trap and labeled it. The laundry/shower drain comes together and ties into the main separatly from the vanity/vent.

So am I wasting my time going up and over and tying two ends of the plumbing together via vent? The walls and ceiling are open so it wouldn't take but 10 minutes to do if you folks felt it would be helpful.

Thank you for your help, greatly appreciate your time!

CC
Screenshot_20230119_143038_Gallery~2.jpg

wwhitney

In the Trades
Reaction score
Your diagram is confusing--are you trying to connect both the shower and the laundry drain to single p-trap? That wouldn't be allowed.

Also, a wet vent is a drain that is also functioning as vent. The dry vent above a wet vent is just a normal dry vent.

Cheers, Wayne

Cabin Country

Reaction score
Your diagram is confusing--are you trying to connect both the shower and the laundry drain to single p-trap? That wouldn't be allowed.

Also, a wet vent is a drain that is also functioning as vent. The dry vent above a wet vent is just a normal dry vent.

Cheers, Wayne
My apologies on the diagram. The washing machine and shower have their own traps.

I just found the answer to my question through a bunch of digging. Thank you for your time.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks