Seal threaded copper/brass connection and make in reliable

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by grepis, Apr 6, 2018.

1. grepis

grepis New Member

I am planning to install water hammer arrestors, that are threaded into female fitting. problem that i have to seal the connection and this place will not be accessible, since will be covered by tiles.

How to seal connections to make sure no leaks next 15 years?

Is ptfe tape or dope is sufficient?

2. Reach4

Reach4 Well-Known Member

Yes, but using both is better.

Rectorseal #5 is nice for metal to metal.

There are different opinions on whether the cheaper low density PTFE tape is good enough, or should you opt for the denser pink or yellow tape. I like the yellow. It's not just for gas.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Kevin71246

Kevin71246 New Member

Every plumber I know uses both: tephlon & dope. I prefer the rectorseal Tru Blu. It has stopped the tiniest leaks where other dopes & tape have failed.

5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    How will you get to them when they wear out?