Sanigrind pump system for outbuilding?

Users who are viewing this thread

Crosby Dog

Reaction score
Hi all,

New user here, long time lurker. I am installing a full bathroom with a standard bottom outlet toilet on the second floor of a garage that is 137 feet from my main house's septic tank. The first floor of the garage is approximately 6' below the inlet of my septic tank.

The Sanigrind system from Saniflow seems a good match as it can be paired with a regular bottom outlet toilet, and with its 25' vertical / 150' horizontal pumping ability, it should have no issue reaching my septic tank.

My question is whether the Sanigrind system can be in the first floor of the garage while the bathroom is on the second floor. The Sanigrind system manual says the toilet can't be more than 36" or so from the system. I don't understand why this is. In theory, if it's all pitched properly, the waste from the toilet will reach the system - esepcially if it's basically a vertical drop from the toilet into the system, right?

If the Sanigrind must be placed within 36" of the toilet on the second floor, the Sanigrind will actually be above my septic tank, but the waste will still have to be pushed uphill to reach the septic tank as the waste stack still has to drop down into the foundation of the garage and then be run uphill. Would that setup cause any issues?

Any help / insight greatly appreciated.

Crosby Dog

Reaction score
Also wondering if I should instead be looking be looking at entirely different grinder pump systems that can be placed in a pit.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks