Saniflo Upflush Toilet Pump Issue

Users who are viewing this thread

revisednut

Reaction score
Hi all---installed a Saniflo Saniaccess 3 Upflush Macerator Pump in the basement bathroom around April 2018. This allowed for hookup of a shower stall, toilet, and sink vanity. Everything worked great the first few months, but as of recently, the toilet will not fully evacuate. The pump will seem to run almost constantly when using the toilet, and not pump out the #2 waste. It's strange because the pump seemingly works great while pumping out the shower and vanity.

It would seem as if the 3/4" waste line were clogged, or macerator pump were having issues, none of the fixtures would be pumping out properly.

Any ideas? The pump is mounted behind a wall, so would like to know what i might be looking for before i take the panel wall apart (put it in a panel wall for just this reason).

TY!

index.php

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Tasady

Reaction score
You have two MAJOR issues with the discharge line. first you put 90 elbow in your turns, your not suppose to do it, your suppose to use two 45's or long sweeps, second your not suppose to go vertical again after you go into a horizontal, and you went horizontal 90 into another vertical, each of those 90's especially the one within 12 inches of the discharge elbow is like taking a garden hose and crimping it, you have created tremendous back pressure, it can't fully evacuate, you may have blown out the build in check valve so that waste keeps recirculating... I saw the pictures from your install on the shower pan questions,,,

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks