Rusted/leaking connection on boiler

Users who are viewing this thread

JT42

Reaction score
Three years ago you guys were a savior for me and I'm hoping my luck will continue. I have a TT Prestige Solo 110 water boiler. The nut securing the copper pipe to the "Boiler Piping - Supply Short Assembly" is rusted and leaking. What steps are involved in replacing the nut other than busting it loose. It appears that I need to stop the water flow and there seems to be shut off valves, but I've never fully understood the direction of the flow. Any advice and/or suggestions will be appreciated.

Leon82

Reaction score
the inlet and outlet should be marked on the boiler and the pumps have arrows on the casting for flow direction.

without a picture its hard to say, but you may have to cut a pipe to replace it

JT42

Reaction score
Leon, I'll try to post some pictures. "Leak" shows the rusted nut where the connection is leaking. "Pipe connections" is the pipe setup feeding the boiler. "Shut off & Drain" is the outflow pipe that goes to the radiators. The return pipe has the same setup. If anything else would help let me know. Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Leak.jpg
    Leak.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 364
  • Pipe connections.jpg
    Pipe connections.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 341
  • Shut off & Drain.jpg
    Shut off & Drain.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 327

NY_Rob

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like some knucklehead used dielectric unions on the boiler connections.... which is a no-no.

They need to be cut out and replaced with proper brass unions.

The other boiler connection with the dielectric union needs to be replaced too.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks