Romex in conduit

Users who are viewing this thread

collie99

Reaction score
I'm looking at a bank owned house, otherwise nice, but I did notice power to the back bedrooms is via a 1" conduit up the back of the house that contains 4 romex 12-3 wires. 2 of the wires are for baseboard heat ( approx 5 amps per wire and on separate breakers) and 2 of the wires go to one bedroom outlet each and are on separate 15 amp breakers. So basically each wire is on it's own breaker

If I purchased this house would I HAVE to redo this with THHN wire?? Or is this acceptable?

Stuff

Reaction score
Hard to be sure without details but it is most likely wrong. If passed with a previous inspection then may be allowed to stay. In lots of areas it is between the buyer and seller. If you later do construction that requires a permit then it gets evaluated at that time. Talk to the real estate agent for their opinion and call the local permit office to find out the rules that are enforced.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks