Roman tub and wall shower compatibility - HELP!

Users who are viewing this thread

sheener_beener

Reaction score
We are currently building a new home and have decided to go with a drop in tub, which measures 34in x 66in and it will be dropped into and area measuring 84in x 42in, so the tub will have 8in on each end and 4in on each side. The original house plan calls for a corner shower, as well as the tub, but I have decided that I would rather have a shower in the tub and use the original shower space as a linen closet. The area is too large for a tub enclosure, so we've decided to cover the wall with ceramic tiles, and use a rainshower showerhead and wrap around shower curtain for when we do use the shower. I've been trying to find faucets, but it seems that I need a roman faucet, which I cannot seem to find with a shower system. Is it possible to install a roman faucet AND a wall rainshower faucet?!

:confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There are MANY Roman tub faucets with a built in diverter. Usually they come with a hand held shower next to the faucet, but you can connect your wall shower to it instead of the handheld and hose.

Gsalet

George the Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.PlumbingPro.com
Try a thermostatic valve by someone like grohe that can handle high flow. you would then install a on/off volume control for the tub and one for the shower and one for the hand held etc,etc...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks