Rockin' The Brick Saloon in Roslyn. The State's oldest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Rockin' The Brick Saloon in Roslyn. The State's oldest. It opened in 1889, by John Buffo and Peter Giovanni.
http://www.bricksaloon.com/history.html

On weekends The Brick features live music and dancing bringing a slightly different crowd. Younger locals and tourists make up the bulk of the crowd.

brick-04.jpg

Max Watters on guitar and Jamie Love on vocals here with the band Longstride.

People say they've seen ghosts - a little girl, a cowboy. There's a piano backstage in the other room that has played by itself. A bar tender quiet because of a ghost. We didn't see any on this Saturday, but we did see a lot of people living it up and dancing to the music. The bar both the upper and the lower floor were filled for a good time.

brick-02.jpg

Fridays and Saturday they have live music. They also do Taco Tuesdays.

brick-09.jpg

Jason and Bryon talking to the sound guy on the left. He's holding a Longstride CD in his hand.

brick-10.jpg

Jamie Love talking to the bartender.

brick-12.jpg

The bar on the right came over from England around Cape Horn. There is a running water spittoon constantly running so that the miners can spit into it. I didn't see any miners or anybody else spitting, but it was nice to have it just in case. I guess before women could use the bar the men used to also pee in it. I don't spit by the way and I used the men's room when needed.
A nice article about The Brick
https://www.dailyrecordnews.com/new...cle_7b3d849d-3c90-501c-a9ae-a4233ea11546.html

The television series Northern Exposure was set at The Brick. It and the town will look familiar to those that watched the show.

Jamie Love and Longstride performing at The Brick.

He will be back at The Brick on:
May 5, 2018
July 27, 2018

The next morning we had breakfast at Roslyn's Cafe. That was on the TV show too.

Last edited:

Fitter30

Reaction score
Terry when i was a kid 3-5 my grandparents had a tailor shop in 1950s and lived above it. When i would visit ( no bathroom on first floor) i would use the spittoon in the shop. Thanks for bringing up old me memories. Looks like a cool bar.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks