reverse flush toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

piezomot

Reaction score
Hello, any idea where I can find nowadays so called "reverse flush toilet"? Someone from my family is looking for it...and could not find any in North America...May be Europe?

reverse flush toilet.jpg

A German style reverse flush toilet which holds the excrement out of the water. This could be to make inspection easier, to reduce splashing, or just tradition.

I have found some info about such toilets here:
http://www.banterist.com/archivefiles/000212.html

Thank you!

Last edited:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Is this designed to stink people into ensuring that they issue a "courtesy flush"? Just having that stuff sit there for the entire experience would be awfully-stinky. There's a reason that the water spot is where it is in most toilets in the world.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The toilets in the flats I lived in when I was in Germany were like that...I could find no compelling reasons to want one! At least for the ones I had, they needed a quite large water supply line, similar to what's required with a Flushometer, to work properly and it was safest to close the lid before you flushed. Now, they may also have versions that work with a tank, either on the back or in the wall, but neither of those I had did - they had a big supply pipe feeding them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks