Retrofit Bathroom Exhaust Roof Vent with Screen and Damper

Users who are viewing this thread

Zardoz

Reaction score
I am looking for a solution from all you wizards out there.

I have a home built in the mid 1990's. The bathroom exhaust fans vent to the roof without a damper or screen.

I would like to find a "topper" to retrofit on top of the roof with a screen and efficient damper.

It needs to be installed without tearing a portion of the roof out and putting it back together as the roof it tile and has solar panels on it.

Any Ideas?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
How high up does the existing vent go above the roof? Most roof vents I've seen have a bird screen available, but not one small enough to keep insects out. A tiled roof causes other issues trying to seal things. The one I have is very similar to this

https://www.grainger.com/product/BROAN-Roof-Vent-Kit-3WE95?breadcrumbCatId=2079

but, I don't think it would work out for a tiled roof. Home Depot has a similar one, but again, not for a tiled roof. If the existing vent is high enough, you could probably attach one of those to it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks