Resetting a Concrete Slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right form. I found a concrete slab, probably 3x3 almost totally buried by the side garage door. So I dug it up with the intentions to put it back. The question is, how should I reset the slab? How do I lay the base, 2" of sand and 2" of gravel? How high above the ground can the slab be? The main reason is when the slab wasn't there it felt like too far of a drop from the door sill to the ground. I am hoping if I put the slab back this will be an easier transition. My plan was to fill in the hole, add 2" of sand packed down, 2" of small gravel, packed down and then place the slab on top of this, a little above ground level.

Cookie

Reaction score
Well, I can't answer the whole question, but, I would make whatever, base necessary, to be 6 inches thick, using 3/4 inch stone.

Kevs02Accord

Reaction score
Well, I can't answer the whole question, but, I would make whatever, base necessary, to be 6 inches thick, using 3/4 inch stone.

Thanks for the info. I am pretty sure they didn't use 3/4" stone, its maybe a 1/4".

Can anyone else tell me if I will run into problems with having part of the slab above ground level?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks