Replacing pressure tank and have a few [stupid] questions

Users who are viewing this thread

APK

Reaction score
Reviewing the original post, I don't see a description of what the problem is. I was thinking there had short cycling, but if it was only air in the lines, I can see that would argue for a bleeder being there. When I asked what the symptoms are in #10, he thought I was joking. When I asked about short cycling in #12, he thought I was doing the punch line. So maybe that means there was no short cycling. In that case APK might as well just as well borrow more time, and not water for more than an hour at a time.

I was initially trying to figure out the easiest way to know which direction the water was flowing. I had conflicting information from my well guy which I now believe was him either misspeaking or me misunderstanding. I heard him saying the water was coming into the tank on the left but to put the Dole valve on the right which is contradictory. I'm trying to make sure I have the correct setup when I switch to the new bladder tank.

I am not aware of any short cycling. The reason I even called someone to look at it is because I was getting [what seemed like] air in the lines when I'd run the water for longer than typical daily needs - specifically, only in warmer weather when I'm irrigating the garden, usually an hour or more. I wanted to make sure I wasn't putting undue stress on my pump. I'm not aware of any other problems. At least as far as they affect anything to the point where I notice them.

I should be able to find time this week to take the well cap off and see if there is a bleeder down the drop pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks