Replacing old wall mount toilet - weird flange

Users who are viewing this thread

sberfield

Reaction score
I am replacing a 56 year old American Standard wall hung toilet and the flange in the wall is unlike what I am used to. It sits proud of the wall about 1/2" and it's sort of funnel shaped. The old toilet had a wax ring for a seal, which amazingly didn't leak. I got a dense neoprene ring but there is no way I can compress it enough to get the toilet flush to the wall. Are there other options?
1000001864 (1).jpg

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Take a look at the " fernco fts3 " they have a couple others I belive but this will get you close . stole the Idea of this flange seal from another guy another very similar thread couple days ago . if you look at bottom of page for similar threads the topic was "my plumber cant find a replacement brass horn to hang my toilet help!"

sberfield

Reaction score
Take a look at the " fernco fts3 " they have a couple others I belive but this will get you close . stole the Idea of this flange seal from another guy another very similar thread couple days ago . if you look at bottom of page for similar threads the topic was "my plumber cant find a replacement brass horn to hang my toilet help!"
Thanks will take a look.