Replacing hose bib or outdoor faucet

Users who are viewing this thread

Higgledy

Reaction score
I need to replace the outdoor faucet, it leaks. It is mounted against aluminum siding. I'd like to find something better to mount the new faucet to, but I am not willing to cut my siding. Are there any products that will provide a flat(er) surface for the faucet and accommodate the slope of the siding?

Also, which brands are the better outdoor faucets? I've always heard Woodford is good. Is this still true?

This is in Virginia, not sure how much the codes vary from state to state.

Thanks for all your help.

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
Woodford is a decent faucet CRAZY glue to hold it in place or a decent silicon caulking

CenterTree

Reaction score
How is your current valve mounted?

I imagine you would need a frost proof sill cock there??
I have used Quarter Ball brand for all our outdoor faucets. I like the quarter turn feature. They have no ceramic discs and are full flow.
Available in MANY different adapters and lengths. (not affiliated with them, just like the quality)

http://www.quarter-ball.com/download/FP_Sillcock.pdf

Last edited:

Reach4

Reaction score
I need to replace the outdoor faucet, it leaks. It is mounted against aluminum siding. I'd like to find something better to mount the new faucet to, but I am not willing to cut my siding. Are there any products that will provide a flat(er) surface for the faucet and accommodate the slope of the siding?
Try searching for "Builders Edge" " Surface Block"

61hwYYt8tlL._AC_UL232_SR232,232_.jpg

Quarterball

In the Trades
Reaction score
Center Tree - thanks for the shout out. To clarify, Quarter Ball frostproof sillcocks use a ball valve to turn the water on & off. No ceramic discs are used.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks