Replacing a verticle exit (NA) toilet with a rear exit (UK) one...?

Users who are viewing this thread

Rajan

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

This is my first post - so apologies if this is not in the right place!

I have recently bought a new house and I am planning a renovation of all the bathrooms and washrooms. One of the things I would like to install is a high tank toilet.

The choices available for this type of toilet in north america seem to be extremely limited (I am in Burlington, Ontario). I have seen in the UK there is a brand called Burlington Bathrooms which has really caught my eye.

Here is what I am looking for: http://www.burlingtonbathrooms.com/...el WC with dual flush white aluminium cistern

I would love to install one of their high level toilets, but they are all rear exit, non UPC pans. I have a few questions which I'd like to ask here...

1. The existing toilets in my house all have waste pipes in the floor, with a 12 inch rough in. Can these be changed to a wall exit waste pipe to accommodate the UK toilet bowls? (The UK toilets are made to WRAS spec)

2. I noticed on the Burlington Bathrooms website the toilets can be installed to 90 degree bent waste pipe, to allow use of a floor waste pipe. Would this still require the existing 12" rough in to be moved closer to the wall? (doesn't look like it will be a straight swap in)

3. Does anyone know if there are any similarities between UPC and WRAS which might make things easier?

4. Is this worth the hassle and cost?

Thanks for your time!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks