Replacing a small wall mount sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Gardner

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
I need to replace a small wall mount sink because of its colour. The existing sink is 19x15 about. A similar or slightly smaller sink would be okay. I've found a Crane Squire (which is teensie) that looks like my best bet, but I'm interested in suggestions about other options.

The constraints are: It's a small narrow powder room. The width of the room where the rough ins are is 33 inches and anything wider than 15 inches from the wall is no good. There is a heat vent directly under the sink rough ins.

Options I've been considering:

Wall mount. The Squire is pretty dated looking but fits -- it even fits the trap arm as-is. I've looked at some more modern fancier wall mount sinks with a one-hole faucet to one side of the sink. Most would require relocating the supplies, which I could do, but am not keen on.

Pedestal. I've found a couple that are small enough, but the small ones place the pedestal too close to the wall to allow for the heat vent. The pedestal needs to be 6 1/2 inches from the wall to clear the vent. I have considered just placing the pedestal on the steel vent cover, but I think that would look wrong.

Vanity. There are some small vanities with a belly sink that might fit. The narrowest I can find is 16 inches which is a little too wide. One with feet to allow circulation from the heat vent would be good. Or I can make an elbow in the duct and have it come out through the kick plate.

Vessel. I can custom build a cabinet that fits and allows for the vent, then put a small 14 inch vessel on that.

Are there other options I should consider?
How about suppliers or models that would fit the bill that I should look into?

Thanks!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sink

Kohler makes a 13 x 13, and a 16 x14, cast iron wall hung. Less modern looking is the Hampton 19x17 cast iron or the china 14 x 12 Chardon china.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks