Replacing a small wall mount sink

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by gardner, Nov 5, 2008.

  1. gardner

    gardner DIY Senior Member

    Apr 2, 2007
    I need to replace a small wall mount sink because of its colour. The existing sink is 19x15 about. A similar or slightly smaller sink would be okay. I've found a Crane Squire (which is teensie) that looks like my best bet, but I'm interested in suggestions about other options.

    The constraints are: It's a small narrow powder room. The width of the room where the rough ins are is 33 inches and anything wider than 15 inches from the wall is no good. There is a heat vent directly under the sink rough ins.

    Options I've been considering:

    Wall mount. The Squire is pretty dated looking but fits -- it even fits the trap arm as-is. I've looked at some more modern fancier wall mount sinks with a one-hole faucet to one side of the sink. Most would require relocating the supplies, which I could do, but am not keen on.

    Pedestal. I've found a couple that are small enough, but the small ones place the pedestal too close to the wall to allow for the heat vent. The pedestal needs to be 6 1/2 inches from the wall to clear the vent. I have considered just placing the pedestal on the steel vent cover, but I think that would look wrong.

    Vanity. There are some small vanities with a belly sink that might fit. The narrowest I can find is 16 inches which is a little too wide. One with feet to allow circulation from the heat vent would be good. Or I can make an elbow in the duct and have it come out through the kick plate.

    Vessel. I can custom build a cabinet that fits and allows for the vent, then put a small 14 inch vessel on that.

    Are there other options I should consider?
    How about suppliers or models that would fit the bill that I should look into?

  2. hj

    hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

    Aug 31, 2004
    Cave Creek, Arizona

    Kohler makes a 13 x 13, and a 16 x14, cast iron wall hung. Less modern looking is the Hampton 19x17 cast iron or the china 14 x 12 Chardon china.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. jadnashua

    jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

    Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Duravit makes a whole range of wall-mount sinks.
Similar Threads: Replacing small
Forum Title Date
Remodel Forum & Blog Replacing floor joists Jul 11, 2017
Remodel Forum & Blog Replacing gas range question Jun 6, 2017
Remodel Forum & Blog Replacing chimney with lally column Mar 9, 2016
Remodel Forum & Blog Replacing dishwasher with washing machine Jan 18, 2013
Remodel Forum & Blog Replacing door latch mechanism on sliding door Jun 8, 2011

Share This Page