Replacing a Hydromatic DA-1 10 with a Zoeller M98 or Liberty 287

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by paulsiu, Jan 3, 2017.

1. paulsiu

paulsiu Member

Based on some of the input from another post, I am thinking that I really need to upgrade the primary and probably the battery backup unit. I should concentrate on the primary first. How difficult would it be to swap out a DA-1 and replace it with a Zoeller M98 or Liberty 287. What gotha's should I be prepare for?

The well is a standard 18x24. I was thinking of bumping up from 1/3 to 1/2 hp for some extra safety margin for those occasional freak rain falls.

Any experience with either pump. Based on a lot of googling, I am edging toward Liberty because there's been a few comments about switches going bad. The Liberty also has a 3 year warranty vs. Zoeller's 1 year.

If I replace the sump pump, should I replace the check valves, too?

Paul

2. WorthFlorida

WorthFlorida The wife is still training me.

Retired
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement