Replaced Takagi TH3 DV only to get the same error code on new one

Users who are viewing this thread

Cfunk

Reaction score
I have had 4 tankless hot water heaters over the past 15 years and none of them have lasted more than 8 years. I deleted one and added the TH3 10 gpm unit in 2012 and it has worked fine other than the hassle of dealing with a condensate line and the anti corrosion treatment. 6 weeks ago it started shutting down with a revolving 111 and 711 error code so i called a plumber/Takagi dealer to evaluate and was charged $300 to reset the high limit switch. I was quoted $3000 to replace with the same unit and decided to just swap it myself. 3 days after putting in the brand new unit i am getting the same code on my new unit. I called Takagi yesterday and they said that they couldn't help me because it obviously wasn't an issue with the unit. They have suggested that it might be high gas pressure or air in the water lines.

Tankless has definitely not been the answer at my house as the old tanks last 20+ years!

Any help is appreciated!

Plumber69

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have had 4 tankless hot water heaters over the past 15 years and none of them have lasted more than 8 years. I deleted one and added the TH3 10 gpm unit in 2012 and it has worked fine other than the hassle of dealing with a condensate line and the anti corrosion treatment. 6 weeks ago it started shutting down with a revolving 111 and 711 error code so i called a plumber/Takagi dealer to evaluate and was charged $300 to reset the high limit switch. I was quoted $3000 to replace with the same unit and decided to just swap it myself. 3 days after putting in the brand new unit i am getting the same code on my new unit. I called Takagi yesterday and they said that they couldn't help me because it obviously wasn't an issue with the unit. They have suggested that it might be high gas pressure or air in the water lines.

Tankless has definitely not been the answer at my house as the old tanks last 20+ years!

Any help is appreciated!
Did you reuse the venting, maybe theres a screen thats plugged, or somthing stuck in it,

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks