Replaced drop pipe & new motor - low yield

Users who are viewing this thread

GuruKid

Reaction score
We've got a 2" ID well casing. None of the companies down here would touch an older well and said they'd only drill a new one. That wouldn't have been too bad, since we've been wanting too, but they are all 3-6 months out. We couldn't possible go that long without water so I went ahead and replaced the drop pipe and pump.

I replaced the drop pipe with 1" PVC because the 1-1/4" wouldn't fit with the couplers. The original pipe was stainless steel 1-1/4" pipe. Since the change our volume is horrible. We also replaced our goulds (failed dude to cycling without water for too long, also our foot valve went out god knows when, so it would lose prime often), with an everbuilt 1hp. The goulds was 3/4hp and put out so much more volume.

I'm not sure if it's the everbuilt pump (I have my doubts about that brand) or if it's the width of the drop pipe. It's possibly a combination. I can get 1-1/4" in the well with internal couplings, however, I cannot find any 1-1/4" footer valves that are less than 2" or 2.12".

If we were to use 1-1/4" all of the way down and place a 1" foot valve at the bottom, would the low yield be the same? If not, I can pull it all up and swap it to 1-1/4"

Thanks

GuruKid

Reaction score
hey fitter30, thanks!

I can fit a 1-1/4" drop pipe in there, but if I place the 3/4" foot valve in there, would it effect the performance? Is a smallest diameter piece in control of the entire flow or does it not effect the performance of the 1-1/4" tube?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The smaller drive pipe and foot valve is probably not causing a flow problem. Either the ejector at the bottom is not matched to the pump, the nozzle in the ejector is clogged, or the pump is not strong enough.

GuruKid

Reaction score
It's a shallow well so the pump is setup with the ejector at the front of it. The ejector can be removed, but it will not fit in our 2" casing. I guess I'll go to the pump supply shop and order a goulds.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
With the ejector at the pump and only one pipe down the well it is being used as a shallow well pump and the water level must be above 24'. How deep is it to water?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks