Replace poly B water lines

Users who are viewing this thread

PGolden

Reaction score
My house was built on concrete slab. All water lines are routed into the slab from the source area to a central distribution point whereupon one set is branched off back into the slab to the kitchen on the main floor, another set of lines run up the wall cavity to the 2nd floor demands. All water lines going into and out of the slab are in a slightly larger tube. I am only assuming that these lines are completely in this sheathing. Would the procedure be to breakup the concrete area around the entry/re-entry point, then attach PEX and then hopefully be able to pull it all thru? Or...

Fitter30

Reaction score
Never heard of poly b but read some articles on it. It seems 100% has to be replaced. Its not that it won't leak but when. Don't think it will pull out of the slab and if it would where ever there would be a fitting it would separate.
Would it possible to add a chase run lines 1 st floor ceiling then through a hallway?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks