Removing the Casing

Users who are viewing this thread

mrjaybov

Reaction score
I have my casing down to where I want it and have dropped my point. Should I pull the entire casing out or just a few feet above the point?
We are talking about 25 ft of casing....

Or do something entirely different...

Any advice on how to remove or lift it easily... I was considering a jack of some sort ot help me lift it.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Do you mean to say, you have just thrown a point down the casing with nothing on top of it?

Some people wash in a larger pipe, drop the point with a smaller pipe attached to above ground, then pull the larger pipe leaving the point and smaller pipe to pull water from.

When you drill a real screened well, you can drop the screen down the hole, with a k packer or just a blank then pull the casing up off the point exposing the slots to the aquifer. The blank and k-packer stay in the casing or you can use a bremer check to seal off the screen to the casing.

mrjaybov

Reaction score
No, my casing is 4 inch and my point and pipe (attached) are 2 inch. They are just resting inside the casing for now, I haven't attempted to move the casing upwards to expose the point to the aquifer.

This is just a small back yard well, so my wife can water her garden...

Should I pull the casing up enought to test my seal for leaks?

Speedbump

Reaction score
What seal? I guess I don't totally understand what your doing.

If you put in 4" and lowered a screen down on 2" pipe, you can pull the 4" all the way out as long as the screen stays where you think the vein is and you have 2" sticking out of the hole when the 4" has been pulled. Now you have a two inch well.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks