Removing American Standard Kitchen Faucet Handles

Users who are viewing this thread

DoubleEh

Reaction score
I have a leaky kitchen faucet, which I believe is American Standard brand. I'm trying to remove the hot water handle in an attempt to fix the leak. In the videos I've watched, most of the faucets have a cap that you pop off with a screwdriver or a screw that you remove to take the handle off. From what I can tell, this faucet has neither.

I tried using a screwdriver to see if the top was a cap that would pop off. It didn't seem to give and I didn't want to force it too hard if it wasn't a cap. I also tried unscrewing the escutcheon but that didn't seem to be getting me anywhere.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

img_3172_33.jpg
img_3173_sm.jpg
img_3182_sm.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
The cap will popoff. May have to go under the chrome ring or the white cap. Use the smallest screw driver you can find like a jeweler's type or a single edge razor blade.

Last edited:

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Agree, use a utility knife and a small hammer to pry the white ceramic(?) cap off.

Labmt

Reaction score
DoubleEh, please tell me you figured out how to remove this faucet. I have the same model and cannot figure this out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks