Removing a kitchen faucet on a granite countertop

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Removing a kitchen faucet on a granite countertop. Maybe don't be so rough with those. Though I can't imagine what it would take to break it like that.

faucet-broken-counter.jpg

There is a nut that will come off from below buddy.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Looks like it might be time for a new countertop.. and a faucet with set screws through the tightening nut. Such a huge improvement for setting faucets.

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I got to the point where I required customer only have kitchen faucets with the nut/two screws or other smart tightening like Grohe utilized. Refused to install single nut on underside once we learned our lessons of what a stupid concept that was.
For a widow friend recently (and for free), had to remove a Moen kit faucet installed 28 years ago that had one of those too- small spinning nuts...just used a multi tool from below.

k-596-vs-terrylove-01.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks