Remember ME??

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Okay I posted a few months ago about my constant running sump pump?? A lot of you were really helpful to me so I wanted to update you.

As it turns out after 4 LONG months of my sump pump cycling every 2 minutes..it wasn't our problem after all.

After much work and hassle the county came out a few days ago because a leak sprung directly in front of our water meter. Now that our water problem was visible they had to do something. If you remember back the county came out and tested water from my sump pump with the notion that if there is chlorine then there is a leak.. Well both of their tests came back negative BECAUSE as water flows through the ground chlorine can and will get filtered out.

Anyway, they did all sorts of tests out front and said they did not hear a leak. They used some gage thing that sticks in the ground and a test with a stethescope looking thing. When they tested the water that was trickling out of our sidewalk it tested positive for chlorine immediately. I was overjoyed.

They came today and dug up our road and what did they find??? A water main break in 2 different spots directly in front of our house. Apparently it wasn't detected on the tests because whatever filler they use to pave the road was so thick. Apparently the main cracked because they used to much filler that attached itself to the pipe and the pipe couldn't bear the weight.

I just wanted to update and thank those that tried to help me. I'm happy to say my sump pump has NOT run in 5 hours. AMEN.

Thanks,
Nicole

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply back...glad to hear it the pump was doing its job and every thing is resolved.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Well thats good to hear! Now all you have to do is calculate how much all that pumping cost you and send them a bill! LOL

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks