Regulator valve water pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Reaction score
Was this model of regulator suppose to show you the number that water pressure was set at?
If not, is there a way to get a ready here?

Attachments

• IMG_5041.jpg
    IMG_5041.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_5043.jpg
    IMG_5043.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_5038.jpg
    IMG_5038.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_5039.jpg
    IMG_5039.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 118

Reach4

Reaction score
The way you set a PRV is to put a garden hose thread pressure gauge downstream. This could attach to an outdoor spigot if those are downstream of the prv. Otherwise put the gauge on a laundry tap or the drain on the water heater.

Trickle water from another faucet. Turn the knob, and see what the pressure does.

Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm that this was a two man job like every other PVR. I believe their newer model has the pressure number built in and boost being able to do it right there on the spot. So just double checking this is not that model.
Thanks!

Reach4

Reaction score
Just wanted to confirm that this was a two man job like every other PVR. I believe their newer model has the pressure number built in and boost being able to do it right there on the spot. So just double checking this is not that model.
Thanks!
It does not have to be a two-man job. You can run a garden hose out to where you adjust, and put the gauge on that.

Is there a way to protect that prv from being diddled with? An inquisitive kid is likely to try turning it.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks