Regulating outside hose/water supply pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

rnivison

Reaction score
I had an outside plastic pipe water supply line replaced after the fence people cut thru the original. This line supplies 3 areas and worked perfectly prior to replacement., equal pressure to all 3 areas It services two hoses, one within feet of the hookup, the other appx 60+= feet away at the other side of the home, and the third is to a water line on my boat dock also appx 60 feet away.

Since the replacement, I have about 90% pressure at the closest hose, and just a weak amount of water to the furthest hose and boat dock....both of which are used 5 times MORE than the closest hose. Water barely shoots out 4-5 feet at the far hose and dock........it will shoot across the 30 foot pool on the near hose and the hose looks like a fire hose out of control if not careful.

How do I regulate this pressure to be equal again to all 3 areas?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Cutting the pipe probably caused a lot of dirt and gravel to get into the pipe and, naturally, when the farthest valves were turned on ALL that stuff moved there and plugged them up. Turn off the water, remove the faucets, turn on the water to flush the lines, then replace the faucets, but check the insides of the faucets first because they could also be plugged up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks