Regeneration not producing much soften water

Users who are viewing this thread

bastion

Reaction score
Hello.
I have an ecowater sensatronic system, it has worked for years with very little problems but it has started to not soften the water enough.
I have tried changing the hardness values but it seems to make no difference. I think it's the amount of time for the fill part of the recharge cycle is not long enough. If I put in 2-3lts of water before the cycle then it works, and has taken all the extra water.
If i leave it to does the cycle automatically it does fill the brine tank but with only about 3-4 inches of water.
I have looked a the nozzle and venturi all seemed OK and not clogged.
Any ideas?

Reach4

Reaction score
I am not familiar with that unit. If you have city/piped-in water, it will be treated with chlorine or chloromine. That will limit the life of the resin. If you or others sometimes detect a chlorine smell from the water, that would indicate that the chlorine is fairly strong. If that is the cause of your lack of softening capacity, replacing the resin with new 10%crosslinked resin would be a good idea. If you did have degraded resin, there would likely have been bits of broken resin beads in the piping. Look at your aerator screens to see if they have caught some broken beads.

On the other hand, you may be on to something with the fill. Have you maxed out the setting for salt use?
Looking at photos, I see that Ecowater Sensatronic system are cabinet-type softeners. Those are usually not repaired, but that does not mean that you cannot. I would phone the customer support and get their take on things.

bastion

Reaction score
I am not familiar with that unit. If you have city/piped-in water, it will be treated with chlorine or chloromine. That will limit the life of the resin. If you or others sometimes detect a chlorine smell from the water, that would indicate that the chlorine is fairly strong. If that is the cause of your lack of softening capacity, replacing the resin with new 10%crosslinked resin would be a good idea. If you did have degraded resin, there would likely have been bits of broken resin beads in the piping. Look at your aerator screens to see if they have caught some broken beads.

On the other hand, you may be on to something with the fill. Have you maxed out the setting for salt use?
Looking at photos, I see that Ecowater Sensatronic system are cabinet-type softeners. Those are usually not repaired, but that does not mean that you cannot. I would phone the customer support and get their take on things.
Thanks for the reply.
Our water is from a bore hole.
Will try maxing out the settings to see if the fill is more.
As I mentioned if I fill the resivior with 2-3 lts of water then it softens correctly so I do feel it's more the fill (to make the brine solution) time that has gone wrong for some reason.

Reach4

Reaction score
Maybe a clogged injector screen, if you can find such a thing... yet it draws water OK. Clogged BLFC?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks