Refill media to increase ph

Users who are viewing this thread

Acr123

Reaction score
I have a fleck 2510 sxt air injection on 10 x 54 tank with a dome cap. I have tried 3 different times to ad calcite / corosex 90/10 blend. It is a light tan tank so I can see the level of media added. I have left anywhere from 14 - 18 inches above the media . After putting in the media and SLOWLY filling with water the media seem mostly in palce. After I finish with backwash ~ 14 minute and 1 minute rapid rinse, the media level level has dropped at least 6 - 8 inches. The ph has barely moved from initially ~ 6.5 and now at most to 6.8 . I understand there might be some settling , but I somehow think that the extra media is going out the drain line into our septic tank . Any ideas .Should I only backwash minimal time , or any other thoughts would be appreciated
Thanks,
Al

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks