Recommendation on the next steps

Users who are viewing this thread

Bilacky

Reaction score
Hey all,

When I was removing the bonnet nut I might have deformed the valve body.

Here is a picture of how it currently looks like all put together.

IMG_7876.jpeg

What are your recommendations?
Will this require a full valve replacement or is there something else I can do to fix it. It is a delta 600 series shower faucet. Even after putting the faucet back together and tightening the bonnet nut it still leaks.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Im thinking cartridge might be damaged but turn off water remove cartridge and inspect it . I think you need to hold that cartridge in while you tighten the nut or it can pop out enough to turn a bit while tightening. Hopefully not damaged but it has turned quite a bit

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Normally, once you twisted it that far it would broken the three small tubes behind the control unit. Then you would either have had to replace the valve, or call me to replace the three small tubes. There is no "recovery" from what you did. Any attempt to straighten it out will probably finish breaking it off.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Normally, once you twisted it that far it would broken the three small tubes behind the control unit. Then you would either have had to replace the valve, or call me to replace the three small tubes. There is no "recovery" from what you did. Any attempt to straighten it out will probably finish breaking it off.
Shoot I forgot about the tubes I just assumed the cartridge wasent indexed properly. Ive never heard of replacing the tubes probebly possible but more labourous.
HJ, I just took a 3rd look and the cartridge looks installed wrong as its 90 degrees from the screw holes Usually when you twist the valve body the entire valve would turn. Maybe Bilacky will have a chance still

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That valve is toast. And you're lucky if its not now leaking in the wall.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks