Recirculating pump

Users who are viewing this thread

handyman54

Reaction score
Can the flow/check vale be reversed to make the direction of flow go the opposite way and does the arrow on Boky Wox indicate direction of flow? see attached pics

Attachments

• 0KUx8o9xSwqYqdKybe30yw.jpg
    0KUx8o9xSwqYqdKybe30yw.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 148
  • xljIfJQkT9iQ6bjKHs2FZQ.jpg
    xljIfJQkT9iQ6bjKHs2FZQ.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 137

Bannerman

Reaction score
The curved arrow on the end of the motor represents the motor and pump rotation direction.

To change the flow direction, most similar pumps are connected with the motor upside down, then the 4 bolts from the pump body are removed to allow the motor and control switch to be rotated to the correct orientation.

To operate correctly, the motor shaft must be installed horizontally.

Last edited:

handyman54

Reaction score
The curved arrow on the end of the motor represents the motor and pump rotation direction.

To change the flow direction, most similar pumps are connected with the motor upside down, then the 4 bolts from the pump body are removed to allow the motor and control switch to be rotated to the correct orientation.

To operate correctly, the motor shaft must be installed horizontally.

that is what I thought when I looked at the pic. My so called plumber installed it backwards so, I'll have to change it my self. It would be too much trouble to take the motor apart and try to change the flow direction

Bannerman

Reaction score
The motor direction is set to appropriate spin the pump impeller in the correct direction. Spinning a impeller in the opposite direction cannot be just assumed will work correctly.

The most difficult part will be to disconnect the inlet and outlet fittings to rotate the entire pump 180 degrees so it will then flow in the correct direction.

Although the control switch will then be located below the motor, you have the option to either leave it there, or remove the 4-bolts holding the motor to the pump body so you can simply rotate the motor so the switch will be again at the top, then reinstall the 4-bolts.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks