Received dented pump, should I use it?

Users who are viewing this thread

rural_engineer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I ordered a Grundfos pump and it came with two dents. I'm checking if the seller is willing to warranty the motor with the dents, so I can avoid having to return it.

One dent is in the cable guide, which isn't a big concern. The other dent is in the bottom of the motor casing.

Would you use a pump that looked like this, assuming the seller is willing to warranty it?

Dent in bottom.jpg Dent in cable guide.jpg

Pr0t0c01

Reaction score
I'd probably err on the side of caution. I suppose if the seller is willing to warranty it, that would be my biggest concern. Somewhere down the line it could be claimed that you caused the damage and voided a warranty.

Personally, I'd return it. Who knows what could have been thrown out of whack or damaged that will only show it's ugly head later down the road. You paid for a product not damaged, get a not damaged item IMHO.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Like you said the dent in the cable guard is not a problem. I doubt the dent in the motor will hurt anything, being that it is only the end cap. But I agree you paid for "un-dented". They should have boxed it better for shipping. Now if they gave me a 50% discount I think I would install it.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks