Radiant heat boiler master bath zone issue

Users who are viewing this thread

MegT

Reaction score
Our triangle prestige returns LWCO error for master bath zone as well the PSI falls below 10.
Incidentally the cold water taps and the toilet tank run warm water most of the time. Is there any possibility that the two issues are connected?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
Without knowing more it appears that a check valve is stuck open as the reason for the cold water being warm. Do you have a recirculating system to delivery hot water to the faucets?

Not sure about your heating zone problem. Low Water Boiler cutOff indicates a leak since the PSI drops. It's hard to say if both issues are related. A valve failure may be drawing water from the bath zone into the cold water side and thus the pressure drops.

Last edited:

MegT

Reaction score
Without knowing more it appears that a check valve is stuck open as the reason for the cold water being warm. Do you have a recirculating system to delivery hot water to the faucets?

Not sure about your heating zone problem. Low Water Boiler cutOff indicates a leak since the PSI drops. It's hard to say if both issues are related. A valve failure may be drawing water from the bath zone into the cold water side and thus the pressure drops.
Good Morning WorthFlorida: I'm not sure what a check valve is to be able to check it. And unfortunately I'm unsure about the recirculating system for hot water delivery - is there a way to check?
As for the PSI drop - we had a new water feed installed and yet it does not appear to be sufficient to avoid the LWCO, etc. message. I understood the automatic water feed would maintain the water level and therefore the PSI. How can I tell if I have a valve failure? My plumber is stumped and says I need a Triangle Tube Boiler expert, so no help there.
Thank you so much for your help, I really need it. MegT

MegT

Reaction score
Good Morning WorthFlorida: I'm not sure what a check valve is to be able to check it. And unfortunately I'm unsure about the recirculating system for hot water delivery - is there a way to check?
As for the PSI drop - we had a new water feed installed and yet it does not appear to be sufficient to avoid the LWCO, etc. message. I understood the automatic water feed would maintain the water level and therefore the PSI. How can I tell if I have a valve failure? My plumber is stumped and says I need a Triangle Tube Boiler expert, so no help there.
Thank you so much for your help, I really need it. MegT
I found the recirculating pump - it is called a Grundfos, could it be a problem?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks