PVC Cement and Dauber Question

Users who are viewing this thread

Jb9

Reaction score
Hello,

I just bought a couple pints of PVC Cement so I don't end up wasting a larger can. I need to glue 4" and 3" pipe... A couple questions:

-Is it ok to use the pint dauber on pipe this large? Is the point of recommending a larger dauber so that one gets enough glue down into the pipe? Can I use this dauber as long as I am diligent about coverage?

-How do most of the pros apply cement? I'm not trying to start the primer discussion, just trying to understand what part of the pipe gets the 2nd application... Is it the male end or the female end? Any tips are greatly appreciated...

Thanks.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I glue the hub first and then the pipe. You can reverse that too. The small dauber works, it just takes more swipes to get all of the surfaces.
You have seconds to swerve the pipe into the fitting. I like to give it a slight twist motion and then hold the pipe into the fitting so that it doesn't squirt back out before taking a grip.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks