Pump Warranties, I've been screwed enough to know.

Should men listen to their wives opinions.

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
I just purchased a well pump from a company in Florida. They say they have excellent warranty the pump is less than 3 months old.
I have to call them try to get a replacement.
I'm sure they will do their best to tell me that I voided the warranty somehow.
And I hate to feel like that but that's the way it is, at least for me.
My question is this- what do I not tell the well Company what I've done to the well.
Which I have done nothing I can think of. I placed valves where they recommended. my wire gauge is 10/2 my breaker 30amp. So dowell pumps actually go bad that often.
Is this something that they're used to dealing with.
Two weeks ago I spoke with one of their spokesman.
He told me to call him when I get the pump out.
He will have a series of tests for me to perform while he's on the phone.
A bucket test he mentioned. And then wants me to text message or email photos of the Well . He said in most instances that I will not have to return the pump because of the cost of freight I'm sure.
But after his questions if I answer his questions correctly (I'm assuming).
They will just send me another one.
I hope things go smoothly as he says they will.
If they do I will name the company and recommend them for standing behind their product.
And if they don't I will call out their names and people now them. So anybody who has any dealings with company warranties and have any advice that would be very helpful as well as reassuring.
Thank you

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If the pump is bad it usually won't last a day or a week. If it last 3 months it is usually an installation problem. Cycling on and off destroys most pumps, but it should be able to cycle like crazy and still last 3 months. You had the wiring and voltage right or it wouldn't have run to start with. Most likely the pump got hot from pumping the well dry, something clogged like a filter or check valve, or it just wasn't a large enough pump to easily reach the shut off pressure. When you get the pump out you can see if the bearing got hot, the impellers melted, or what ever. It is down the well and you really won't know what the heck until you pull it up and have a look. Could be you just pulled a wire loose or something.

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
If the pump is bad it usually won't last a day or a week. If it last 3 months it is usually an installation problem. Cycling on and off destroys most pumps, but it should be able to cycle like crazy and still last 3 months. You had the wiring and voltage right or it wouldn't have run to start with. Most likely the pump got hot from pumping the well dry, something clogged like a filter or check valve, or it just wasn't a large enough pump to easily reach the shut off pressure. When you get the pump out you can see if the bearing got hot, the impellers melted, or what ever. It is down the well and you really won't know what the heck until you pull it up and have a look. Could be you just pulled a wire loose or something.
I have it out now finally. Do I need to disassemble it to look at the parts if they if they melting or the bearings

Randy Sellers

Da"BOSS"
Reaction score
Don't take it apart if you are trying for a warranty. If not you can ohm out the motor, check the stick up on the motor shaft is 1.5", and see if the pump will spin.
I'm also going to run jumper wires from the breaker to the well pump the breaker box is 10 ft from my pool. That allow me to eliminate some possible bad wire.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks