Pump problems

Users who are viewing this thread

David shupe

Reaction score
just bought a house a week ago...no one has lived there in some time. Turned pump on I got water coming into the house but very low pressure. Won't even move the pressure gauge any also replaced the gauge. So I pulled pump after looking up the number seems to been in there since the house was built in 1989. I got a Lowe's pump same size 3/4 3 wire an also replaced the control box... Pump dose the exact same as the old pump. So I dug down to the pitless an flushed water back from the house out to the connection seems to be free of anything. Any ideals of where to go from here

Reach4

Reaction score
How far down is the water surface. Often you could see that with a mark on the pipes while you had the pump pulled. How far down is the pump? I think you are saying the new pump and old pump are 3/4 HP. What GPM is the new pump rated at?

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Inadequate voltage, 230v pump trying to run on 115v
Low water in well
Bad O ring in pitless
Cracked or split drop pipe
Cracked or split offset pipe from pitless to house
Junk pump

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks