Pump pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

Speedbump

Reaction score
The reason nobody (in the business) wants to work on Flotec is lack of parts availability and the simple fact they are junk.

The difference between a shallow well jet pump and a deep well jet pump is the location of the jet. Shallow well: it's on the pump, deep well: it's in the well.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
Chances are it's a 1-1/4" and there are no jets for 1-1/4" wells. And mostly, with a 20' well there would be no reason to use a deep well jet. The water level has to be less than 20 feet.

bob...

Speedbump

Reaction score
I reread your original post. I missed the part about the water being at 21 feet. I thought you had said the well was 21 feet. So where is the water level in this well?

bob...

Silledon

Reaction score
Water level is at 21 ft. I have no idea how deep the well is overall, but we were hitting some sort of sludge at around 28 - 30 ft.

Speedbump

Reaction score
This sludge may be the bottom of the well. What is the diameter of the casing?

You can use a shallow well jet pump as long as the water doesn't drop much farther than it is already.

bob...

Silledon

Reaction score
The casing is 4 to 5" in diameter. It had a vertical deep well pump that sat directly over the casing before. Of course it wasn't working when we moved in a year and a half ago, so not sure that's really means anything.

Speedbump

Reaction score
Then you should probably go with the same thing. The installer must have known the water table could drop far enough that a shallow well pump wouldn't be reliable.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks