puckering drywall question

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by cstdenis, Mar 27, 2007.

  1. cstdenis

    cstdenis New Member

    Dec 28, 2006
    :confused: I am repainting my bathroom, and had to remove some wallpaper. When they installed the wallpaper, they didn't prime the drywall first, so it was really hard to remove. When I was patching some of the holes/scratches (using joint compound - not spackle), some parts of the drywall paper started to pucker up and leave little bubbles under the paper of the drywall. How can I fix this without replacing the drywall?
    Thank you
  2. leejosepho

    leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

    Nov 23, 2006
    disabled-retired industrial fabricator
    200 miles south of Little Rock
    Use a utility knife to cut out the loose spots of paper, then use drywall tape and joint compound to make a new surface. Also, I prefer paper tape over the self-stick mesh, and be sure to put joint compound underneath the paper.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: puckering drywall
Forum Title Date
Remodel Forum & Blog Basement closet wall with foam needs drywall for fireproof? Jun 4, 2016
Remodel Forum & Blog Drywall 3/8" below 1/2"? Jun 6, 2015
Remodel Forum & Blog Should I even bother putting this drywall up? Aug 20, 2014
Remodel Forum & Blog Drywall Laminating Apr 8, 2013
Remodel Forum & Blog Opinions On Lightweight Drywall Panels ? Jan 14, 2013

Share This Page