Proper fitting for an AAV

Users who are viewing this thread

James23912

Reaction score
About to install kitchen sink using an AAV, I have a leftover tee fitting, wondering if I can use that flat or need a wye and turn or whatever it is called, also is there a minimum height for the AAV to be above the horizontal drain, thanks again

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I would use a tee on its back under a sink.. Its only allowing air in.. because it prevents liquid from entering that vertical section, I can't see it needing to be a drainage fitting. In the UPC code, the pipe after the AAV needs to be 2" ... I always install my AAV in the wall in a recessed box made for the purpose. The AAV needs to be a minimum of 4" above the trap arm.

Reach4

Reaction score
VT appears to use IPC.

However 2 inch drain pipe for a kitchen appears wise. The common place for a clog beneath a kitchen sink is where the drain transitions from vertical to horizontal. Having a way to snake that area is good.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks