Procedures for "T" Key to dislodge from well pitless adapter - help!

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by SergioMastro, Jul 30, 2008.

  1. SergioMastro

    SergioMastro New Member

    Jul 28, 2008

    I have a few questions on how to pull well pump our of well. I do have a pitless adapter and need procedures on how to pull out pump.

    Here goes:

    1. What is this "T" key tool called? Any pictures of this tool, so I can get a visual feel?

    2. Where is it sold? What are aprx costs for this tool?

    3. What are the procedures to use this "T" key on pitless adapter?

    4. Once dislodged, what is being pulled up? wire + blue line?

    Thanks in advance?
  2. valveman

    valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

    Mar 15, 2006
    Pump Controls Technician
    Lubbock, Texas
    All you need is a piece of 1" steel pipe, long enough to reach the pitless, with threads on both ends. On the top end you thread on a 1" tee, with 2 nipples sticking out the sides for a handle. The 1" threads on the bottom should screw right into the pitless half.

    When you pull the pitless half up from the stationary part, you are lifting the pipe, wire, pump, and everything at the same time. Just don't let anything hang up on the stationary part of the pitless as you pull it out of the well.

    Some pitless units have a cable release. If you don't see a cable, it should just pull straight up and out.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

  4. Southern Man

    Southern Man DIY Hillbilly

    Jun 27, 2008
    North Carolina
    You can also buy a shorter length of 1-1/2" steel pipe and slide it over the 1" pipe prior to assembling the Tee handle. You can then use the larger pipe as a slide hammer to help break free the separate parts of the pitless adapter.

Share This Page