Problems with Laundry Washer. Need help.

Users who are viewing this thread

skuba

Reaction score
Hi, is it normal for washer to be draining a little bit while it's loading to start cycle?

I often have trouble properly running the washer. The washer was here when I bought the house. We do have somewhat lower water pressure in the house. To avoid problems I usually run only very small or small loads and only cold water. Still, sometimes it runs fine. But many times it gets stuck on the "sensing" phase. I hear the water loading, but at the same time, some water draining out. Is it normal?

Sometimes, it will go into wash, but then stop after wash is complete, and I have to manually switch to start a rinse/drain cycle.

it sucks because not only I am wasting water, but it makes it very difficult to do laundry.

Don't want to buy a new washer if it won't solve the problem.

Any idea what I can do to troubleshoot?

Thanks so much

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
You may have a circuit board that is on its way out. If the washer is 7 years or older, it would make more economic sense to replace it with a new one. In most cases, unless you are an expert who finds inexpensive parts, repairing older appliances is not advisable.

Reach4

Reaction score
But many times it gets stuck on the "sensing" phase. I hear the water loading, but at the same time, some water draining out. Is it normal?
That is not normal.

It must be a pretty new washer to have a sensing phase.

Washers are usually pretty discounted in the used market. You can save some money on a new machine if you buy a demonstrator at the right time-- particularly if you don't need the washer to match the dryer.

Jacobsond

DIY Junior Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nielsenelectric.com
Hi, is it normal for washer to be draining a little bit while it's loading to start cycle?

I often have trouble properly running the washer. The washer was here when I bought the house. We do have somewhat lower water pressure in the house. To avoid problems I usually run only very small or small loads and only cold water. Still, sometimes it runs fine. But many times it gets stuck on the "sensing" phase. I hear the water loading, but at the same time, some water draining out. Is it normal?

Sometimes, it will go into wash, but then stop after wash is complete, and I have to manually switch to start a rinse/drain cycle.

it sucks because not only I am wasting water, but it makes it very difficult to do laundry.

Don't want to buy a new washer if it won't solve the problem.

Any idea what I can do to troubleshoot?

Thanks so much

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks